Monday, January 28, 2013

Become a healthy mentor for your little loved ones.


Not too long ago I finished one of my Soccer Camps for kids ages 5-8. At the end of the camp I always give rewards for outstanding participation and team effort. In this case one of the kids did not take the reward and gave it back to me saying, “No, you keep it”.  I was confused by his reaction and I replied saying that he had great sportsmanship and he should keep the reward as a good memory of the soccer camp. He looked at me with watery eyes and without crying said, “Coach, I want YOU to keep it, so you can always remember me.” Wow! That moved me. For sure I will never forget that moment. In a short couple of weeks I definitely mentored a kid that was hungry for learning a new sport, being active and discovering the fun of exercise.

So, my friends, YOU can become a healthy mentor as well for your little loved ones.  MAKE the time to exercise together, help with sports practice, or just teach the basics of healthy eating. Kids are full of energy and eager to learn about sports and fitness. Remember… Exercise is FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment