Saturday, October 13, 2012

Marcelo Vazquez is a fitness professional, a childhood obesity prevention advocate, and the creator of Spin-Fit™. Marcelo enjoys encouraging and motivating kids to develop their own passion for sports and fitness and to develop healthy lifestyles. Marcelo is a fitness contributor for Univision 34 Atlanta, and he has also been featured on CNN, Georgia Public Broadcasting, and Azteca America Atlanta TV.

Follow Marcelo!


Spin-Fit™ Story 

While working with kids I realized that the only way to motivate them to exercise was to create something fun. One of the tools that I have used in my “Mini Fitness” program for kids is a flying disc with exercises on paper that I taped on the back of the disc.  If the kids dropped the flying disc, I assigned them an “exercise penalty”. Kids enjoyed it so much that I decided to make it more challenging and mysterious by putting more exercises on a spinning disc, and making the exercise selection random. They loved it, and that was a GO!  Then, I realized that I should make it available for parents and teachers to increase physical activities among their kids. That was a GO-GO! That is how Spin-Fit™ was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment